Federal Electric is ready to install your electric vehicle charger.
Are you considering purchasing an electric vehicle? If so, you will need a way to charge it. Federal Electric can help install the right charger for your electric car as well as answer any questions you may have. We are proud to have served the residents of Tampa and Sarasota for over 12 years with all things electric, including electric vehicle chargers.
Available 24 Hours A Day
No matter when you need us, we’ll be here to meet your electrical service needs!
No, a licensed electrician must install your EV charger.
You can use the charging cable that comes with the car with a regular household outlet - this is called a Level 1 charging device. A Level 2 devices employ 240-volt circuits, the same type of electrical circuit used in clothes dryers, and requires an electrician to install a dedicated circuit along with the EV charger.
A Level 3 charging station may easily cost $50,000 and is intended for business usage. Even if you had that type of money to spend, your electric company is unlikely to allow the installation of a Level 3 charger in your house since the electrical infrastructure in many residential locations will not support it.
A wall-mounted system with a Level 2, 240-volt outlet is one of the most typical EV charging stations. These systems range in price from $850 to $2,200, with an average cost of $1,200 for your Cape Coral area home.
A preliminary walk-through with an electrician should give you a fair sense of the whole cost.
The typical cost of any electrical service rises when more work is necessary, such as:
- Adding a dedicated circuit to the electrical panel costs between $148 and $200.
- The cost of replacing an outdated electrical panel is $2,500.
- Wiring costs and average of $7.79 per linear foot from the charging station to the electrical panel.
You can charge your electric vehicle effectively and quickly from the comfort of your own home with a rapid EV charger. That means you'll never have to worry about not being able to find a charging station. With a constant charging cycle, you can fit your car's charging demands into your schedule and never worry about finding a charging station again.
Which Charger is Right for My Electric Vehicle?
When it comes to charging an electric car, the charger type is not a one-size-fits-all solution. Many factors go into which charger would work best for the vehicle. These factors include:
- Make/Model of Car- The make and model will indicate the capacity of the vehicle’s on-board charger and the battery pack size. You will need a charger powerful enough to recharge the battery.
- Quickness of Recharge- Most electric cars will recharge just fine with a Level 1 charger, while others need the quick power of a Level 2 charger.
- Circuit Size- The charging station should not be allowed to exceed the capacity of your wiring, or it will overload and flip the circuit breaker.
Contact the Professionals at Federal Electric
At Federal Electric, our customer service is 100% guaranteed. We offer reliable and candid professional opinions on EV car charging stations, and will have your car charged and ready to go with ease and safety. We provide flat-rate upfront pricing so that there are no surprises when it comes time to pay. Also, our highly-trained and licensed electricians are certified and will install your electric vehicle charger properly and safely.
Call us today at (239) 673-8247 for more information on installing an electric vehicle charger.