Federal Electric is standing by for your electrical repair needs!
We rely on electricity and devices to keep our lives running smoothly. When something breaks, we want it fixed quickly and easily. For any electrical repair, contact Federal Electric, the experts in the Tampa and Sarasota area. We make having electrical repairs done much less of a hassle by providing first-class workmanship on all repairs.
Available 24 Hours A Day
No matter when you need us, we’ll be here to meet your electrical service needs!
Repair Services Offered
At Federal Electric, we specialize in fixing electronic devices and appliances, as well as the home electrical system itself. Some of the repairs we offer include:
- Electrical Panels- This could involve replacing circuit breakers, installing additional circuits or rewiring or relocating the panel.
- Home Lighting- From flickering fluorescents to broken switches.
- Home Rewiring- When the home’s wires need to be replaced.
- Smart Home Systems- Technology is great, except when it doesn’t work.
- Electric Vehicle Chargers- When the charging station doesn’t work properly, you aren’t driving.
- Home Appliances- Including but not limited to hot water heaters, instant hot water systems and dishwashers
If the flickering is limited to a single light, ensure the bulb is securely fastened in place. Bulbs can become loose over time and lose their connection to the socket. Tighten the bulb if necessary. If it fails, you might try replacing it.
If turning on your air conditioner or washing machine causes several lights to flicker, blink or dim, your issue might be an overloaded circuit. If the flickering occurs on a regular basis, is intense and/or does not stop immediately, you could have a wiring problem. Make an appointment with an electrician to determine the root of the problem.
Hiring an electrician to install or repair light fixtures, outlets, switches or fans costs between $141 and $419 on average, with homeowners spending $280 on average. Expect to pay $2,000 to $6,000 for bigger electrical tasks such as wiring installation or replacing an electrical panel.
Flickering lights, excessive utility bills and broken appliances are all signs of electrical circuit issues. Three of the most common household electrical problems are listed below:
- ELECTRICAL SURGES
Lightning strikes, power line damage, malfunctioning appliances and poor electrical wiring in the home can all create electrical surges. While a surge only lasts a microsecond, numerous surges can harm the electrical components linked to your house, dramatically reducing their life expectancy.
- LIGHT SWITCHES ARE NOT WORKING CORRECTLY
Dimmer switches that do not adjust light adequately are frequently the result of poor craftsmanship or inferior components. If you're having problems with switches in your home, contact an electrician.
- RECESSED LIGHT 'GOES OUT' AND COMES BACK ON
Recessed lighting is outfitted with safety mechanisms that shut power to the light when it becomes too hot. You're either using a bulb with a too-high wattage or the insulation in the ceiling is too close to the light.
The condition of the existing wiring, the type of wiring and materials used, and the electrical needs of the home's occupants may ultimately determine if a home from the 1970s needs rewiring.
Overall, older homes may have outdated electrical systems that are not up to current safety standards or cannot accommodate the increased electrical demands of modern appliances and electronics. Common issues with older wiring systems include inadequate grounding, worn insulation, and outdated electrical panels and breakers.
If the wiring in a 1970s house has not been updated, it may be a good idea to have an electrical inspection performed by a licensed electrician. They can assess the condition of the wiring and identify any potential safety hazards or code violations.
Depending on the findings of the inspection, rewiring may be recommended to improve safety and meet current electrical standards. This can be a significant project, but it can also improve the functionality and safety of the home's electrical system and increase its resale value.
Federal Electric Can Meet Any Electrical Repair Need
Federal Electric has proudly served home and business owners in the Tampa and Sarasota areas for over 12 years. We are experts in the repair of any type of electrical malfunction. Federal Electric strives to provide the best customer service in many ways, including:
- Flat-Rate Upfront Pricing- You will never get a surprise bill from us. We offer free quotes on all services and upfront pricing. We also provide financing if needed.
- Professional Service- Our technicians are highly trained and licensed to serve you. We provide first class workmanship on all of our services, whether it is a simple fix or a complicated repair.
- Respect & Dedication- We respect our clients by showing up on time and keeping all spaces clean and tidy. We will also walk through any repair process and procedure to make sure you know and understand what is going on at all times. We will answer any questions you have and guarantee our repair services 100%.
Do you have an electrical repair that needs attention? Are you located in the Tampa or Sarasota area? Call Federal Electric at (239) 673-8247. We are available 24/7 for emergencies. Call us today!