Let the experts at Federal Electric handle your electrical panel upgrades.
As technology improves, Tampa and Sarasota homeowners are using more electricity than ever before. If your home is older and has an older electrical panel, it might be time for an upgrade. Call Federal Electric for your free quote on an upgrade today.
The average cost to upgrade an electrical service panel is about $500-$4,000. The price can vary depending on:
- How many amps you want your electrical panel to have
- If new wiring is required
- The contractor’s hourly rate
Although upgrading an electrical panel can be expensive, it is very worthwhile. If you have your home remodeled or purchase a large appliance that requires more power, it is smart to get your electrical panel upgraded to account for the additional power your home will require. Call us today to get your electrical panel upgraded.
A homeowner should not replace their own electrical panel. In some locations, you can obtain permits to replace your own electrical panel, but it is strongly recommended that you have a professional electrician perform the replacement for you. An electrical panel has much more electrical power running through it than a basic electrical outlet, making it dangerous to replace on your own if you are not familiar with the complex workings of your electrical panel. To get your electrical panel replaced, contact us today.
Some ways to know if your breaker box is overloaded include:
- Your circuit breaker trips often
- Your circuit breaker’s components are hot
- Your hear a buzzing noise from your circuit breaker
Another thing you should watch out for is if you begin to notice sparks or a burning smell coming from your breaker box. An overloaded breaker box is a safety hazard and should be addressed right away. To get your breaker box inspected, give us a call today.
Available 24 Hours A Day
No matter when you need us, we’ll be here to meet your electrical service needs!
Signs of an Outdated Electrical Panel
The electrical panel in your home is in charge of regulating the amount of electricity coursing through the wires. If too much electricity is demanded, the panel will interrupt the circuit and stop electricity from overloading the wiring. However, with time and an increased usage of electric devices, a panel can start to malfunction. An electrical panel that is broken leaves your home at risk for fire from overheating.
Signs that you might need an electrical panel update could include:
- Crackling sounds from the panel.
- Corrosion or rust on the circuit breakers.
- The inside of the electrical panel feels warm.
- Appliances are not running at full power.
- There are no GFCI outlets (ground fault circuit interrupters) near water sources.
- Your home has a fuse block panel or a split-bus panel, neither of which have a main breaker.
Get Your Panel Upgraded with Federal Electric
Federal Electric can help you update your electrical panel. We offer:
- Highly trained electricians who are certified professionals. We guarantee that our technicians will update your panel the right way, ensuring you are safe and your electricity is up to code.
- Flat-rate upfront pricing so that there are no surprises when it is time to pay.
- Free quotes and available financing
- Customer satisfaction guaranteed. We understand and respect the trust you place in us when we provide electric service to your house. We offer first class workmanship on all of our services and believe in making customers for life.
For more information or a free quote on an electrical panel upgrade, call Federal Electric today at (239) 673-8247.