Call Federal Electric to have your home rewired.
The idea of having your home rewired can be an overwhelming one. With updated technology and highly trained professionals, the experts at Federal Electric can help make the process of rewiring your home smooth and easy. We have been helping residents in Tampa and Sarasota rewire their homes for over 12 years. Call us today!
Available 24 Hours A Day
No matter when you need us, we’ll be here to meet your electrical service needs!
A few ways to know if your house needs rewiring are:
- Your home’s wiring is over 30 years old.
- Your circuit breaker trips frequently.
- Your lights are dim or flicker.
As your wiring becomes old or damaged, you may notice issues with your home’s electrical systems, signaling that you should have your wiring replaced. To get your house rewired, contact us today.
It costs around $3,000 - $15,000 to redo electrical in a house. The overall cost of rewiring your home will depend on the size of your home, the age of your home and how difficult it is to access your current wiring. Another thing that can cause the price to increase is if you also need your home’s electrical panel replaced when you have your home rewired. To find out more about getting your home rewired, give us a call today.
Yes, a home can usually be rewired without removing drywall. Although, rewiring a home without removing drywall will require thorough planning and will increase the difficulty of the project. To rewire a home without removing drywall, an electrician will need to work from the attic or the crawl space in a home. If you are thinking about getting your home rewired without having your drywall removed, you should ensure that your attic or your crawl space are cleared for the electrician to work from. To get your home rewired, call us today.
Signs Your Home Might Need to be Rewired
Your home might have older wiring that is not up to code anymore, or the wiring was put in incorrectly from a renovation or poorly done repair. When your house needs a total rewire, here are some of the signs:
- A burning smell near an outlet- This is the easiest way to detect faulty wiring. If an appliance is plugged in make sure to trip the breaker before unplugging.
- Overloaded electrical panel- When you are demanding more electricity than your system can handle you could be at risk for overloading the panel.
- Lights that flicker when the wind blows- This could be a sign of frayed wires where your system connects to the power grid.
- Discolored outlet covers/switch plates- Could mean a repeated cycle of overheating the wiring connection because the wiring is not properly grounded or has a loose connection.
- Aluminum wiring- A common material used in wires in the 1960s and 70s, aluminum was found to create loose wire connections.
- No GFCIs- Ground-fault circuit interrupters reduce the risk of electrocution and should be in outlets near water.
Professional Rewiring Service at Federal Electric
If you are considering having your home rewired, call Federal Electric at (239) 673-8247 today. Any customer who has worked with us in the past knows to call us first for any electric service need. We are committed to providing the best customer service in the Tampa and Sarasota areas in many ways, including:
- Flat-Rate Upfront Pricing- You will never get a surprise bill from us. We offer free quotes on all services, including rewiring, and upfront pricing. We also provide financing if needed.
- Professional Service- Our technicians are highly trained and licensed to serve you. We provide first class workmanship on all of our rewiring services.
- Respect & Dedication- We respect our clients by showing up on time and keeping all spaces clean and tidy. We will also walk through every process and procedure to make sure you know and understand what is going on at all times.